Grant District Arts Directory
Be the first to advertise in Grant District Arts Directory!
We are developing grant.sa.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Grant District for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Arts in Grant District?
Grant District Arts
Grant District is a picturesque region in the southeast of South Australia, known for its beautiful beaches, scenic countryside, and rich cultural heritage. It's no surprise, then, that the area is home to a thriving arts scene, encompassing everything from visual art to music and theatre. Below, we've listed and categorised some of the most notable businesses in the creative and performing arts in and around Grant District, along with their benefits and activities.
Grant District is home to several galleries and art studios that showcase and promote the works of local artists. Here are some of the most notable ones:
- The Main Corner Complex - Located in Mount Gambier, The Main Corner Complex is a vibrant cultural centre that houses a gallery, a museum, and a performing arts space. The gallery is dedicated to showcasing the works of local and regional artists, with a particular focus on contemporary art.
- The Millicent Art Gallery - The Millicent Art Gallery is a community-run gallery that exhibits the works of both local and national artists. The gallery also runs regular art workshops and classes for all levels of experience.
- The Real Store - The Real Store is a contemporary art space located in the town of Penola. The gallery showcases the works of emerging and established artists from across the country, with a particular focus on contemporary and experimental art.
Benefits & Activities
These visual art businesses offer the following benefits and activities:
- A platform for local artists to showcase their work.
- The opportunity for the public to view and appreciate a diverse range of art.
- Regular events and exhibitions that provide cultural enrichment for the community.
- Art workshops and classes that allow people of all ages and backgrounds to develop their skills and creativity.
- The Main Corner Complex - 1 Bay Rd, Mount Gambier, SA 5290 - (08) 8721 2563
- The Millicent Art Gallery - Civic Centre, Ridge Terrace, Millicent, SA 5280 - (08) 8733 0903
- The Real Store - 37 Church St, Penola, SA 5277 - (08) 8737 2056
Grant District has a vibrant performing arts scene, with local theatre companies and music groups putting on regular shows and performances. Here are some of the most renowned businesses in this category:
- The Riddoch Arts & Cultural Centre - Located in Mount Gambier, The Riddoch Arts & Cultural Centre is an iconic venue that hosts a range of performances, from theatre and dance to music and comedy.
- The Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre - The Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre, located in the town of Mount Gambier, is a state-of-the-art venue that is home to a range of local and touring productions, including plays, musicals, and ballets.
- The Limestone Coast Symphony Orchestra - The Limestone Coast Symphony Orchestra is a community-run orchestra that brings together local musicians to perform a range of classical and contemporary pieces.
Benefits & Activities
These performing arts businesses offer the following benefits and activities:
- A platform for local performers to showcase their talent.
- The opportunity for the public to enjoy a diverse range of performances and events.
- Regular performances that provide cultural enrichment for the community.
- The Riddoch Arts & Cultural Centre - 1 Bay Rd, Mount Gambier, SA 5290 - (08) 8721 2563
- The Sir Robert Helpmann Theatre - Civic Centre, 1 Bay Rd, Mount Gambier, SA 5290 - (08) 8723 8741
- The Limestone Coast Symphony Orchestra - Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant District Council
324 Commercial Street West, Mount Gambier SA 5290
Phone: (08) 8721 0444
Grant District Arts Articles